The Assistant Project Coordinator assists the Shanti Uganda Project Coordinator as required in his/her responsibility for day-to-day project/organizational functions.
-Assist the Project Coordinator in the centralized coordination and tracking of Shanti Uganda programs: Teen Girls Health and Empowerment, the Maternity and Learning Centre, the Women's Income Generating Group (WIGG), the Garden Program and relevant activities
- Attend meetings with/on behalf of the PC and report with minutes and relevant information
- Assist in maintaining and expanding our strong community relationships through attending events/meetings, networking and visiting community partners
- Assist and maintain administrative tasks, including proof-reading and editing and emails
- Create, maintain, and update spreadsheets/databases/files to support reporting
- Co-ordinate meeting arrangements when necessary, including preparing materials and follow-ups
- Manage volunteers and volunteer recruitment
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Support the vision, mission and values of Shanti Uganda
- Proven leadership experience, exceptional interpersonal skills, and past experience managing a team of people with professionalism and integrity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and experience communicating clearly and directly using email
- Strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to maintain a positive outlook in the face of
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel and Google docs
- Proven experience meeting deadlines and goals
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once/respond to changing priorities
This volunteer request was posted on behalf of Shanti Uganda . Learn more about this organization's projects at https://www.globalgiving.org/donate/13134/the-shanti-uganda-society/info/. Successful applicants will be responsible for contributing a $450/month placement fee, which will provide them with shared accommodation in Shanti Uganda’s Volunteer House, airport pickup, a volunteer manual and ongoing support and evaluation from our Canadian Project Coordinator in Uganda. All interns will contribute a 40hr workweek and are encouraged to travel on weekends.
Applications for internships will be accepted on a rolling basis, and will remain open until filled. Successful applicants will be required to submit:
- a note of mental and physical health from a health professional
- basic criminal record check from your home country
- liability & media release
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Project Coordinator, Trine Rasmussen, email@example.com , or Director Kristen Porter firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 40 hours per week
- See description
- India: Volunteer teaching street...
- Memphis: MIFA Meals on Wheels
- Online: Development Assistant:...
- Online: Urgent need for YOUR...
- Volunteer in the Brazilian...
- Online: Fundraising officer
- Bulgaria: Retail Expert
- Online: Videographer
- Online: Development Internship
- Guatemala: English Teacher
- Cameroon: Volunteer on a...
- Volunteer Speech and Language...
- Kenya: Teacher or Counselor
- Online: Resource Mobilisation...
- Uganda: Special Educational...
- Uganda: Monitoring + Evaluation...
- Uganda: Women’s Income...
- Uganda: Children's Education...
- Uganda: Education Specialist /...
- Uganda: Assistant Project...