Kitchen Support- Food Prep
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
48 people are interested
Kitchen Support, Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Kitchen support includes food preparation, service, and cleanup under supervision of the Chef or Assistant Chef. Duties may include chopping and general food preparation, as well as serving meals, drinks, and desserts.
Please be prepared to stay the entire shift.
Must attend orientation prior to volunteering. Please visit volunteermatters.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for more information.
About OUR DAILY BREAD
300 W OAK ST STE 100, DENTON, TX 76201, US
Our Daily Bread provides nutritious meals and facilitates referrals for other services to those in need.
Our Daily Bread is a community soup kitchen that serves a free, nutritious lunch meal Monday through Saturday and Monday night.
Other Services Include:
- Weekend snack pack program
- Hygiene items
- Free Farmer’s Market.
- Free bus passes for transportation to medical appointments, job interviews, and appointments with other social service providers.
- Shower Passes
- Financial assistance to help clients receive Texas Department of Public Safety Identification Cards or other services.
- Free Computer use
- Free Long distance and local telephone service at the client telephone number.
- Referrals to other social service agencies.
- Mail Address service
- Denton Community Health Clinic by Dr. Masciarelli and registered nurses who provide diabetes counseling, assessments, and illness care.
- Application assistance for SNAP (food stamps), CHIPS, Medicaid for Children, MHMR Connections.
- SNAP Applications
- On-site representatives from various social servicesagencies.
We'll work with your schedule.
300 W OakDenton, TX 76201
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours
- Must sign up via https://www.volunteermatters.net/vm/MenuHome.do?owner=odb