The Special Events Manager will plan, organize and implement all events for The Cupcake Girls, and will report to the City Director. S/he will assist with the coordination of all special events, including, but not limited to: donor and volunteer recognition events, fundraisers, and special events for clients. S/he will be engaged in the implementation of events from start to finish. S/he will also support and lead the Gifts and Hospitality specialists, and their teams. The Special Events manager is an integral part of the staff and will work with inter-dependently with fellow managers, helping the day-to-day operations of The Cupcake Girls run effectively and efficiently.
Create timelines to achieve a quality event, anticipate event needs and discern priorities.
Book event space, create room layout, check availability of audio-visual equipment, plan décor
(florals, linens, color scheme, centerpieces, and art) and order event supplies, as needed.
Act as the on-site producer for the events.
Work with teams to clean up at every event and ensure all materials are put away in the
appropriate place in the office.
Manage the administrative duties and logistics for each event. Prepare materials for events (name
tags, registration lists, seating charts, etc.).
Plan special events within the budget guidelines, providing periodic progress reports to the City
Director. Keep track of all event finances, including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
Monitor the Gifts and Hospitality budgets to ensure compliance within the annual budget.
Prepare event contracts as needed. Coordinate with the Operations Manager for this as needed.
Collaborate with the Volunteer Manager to solicit help needed to staff events.
Provide detailed direction to volunteers for special events, including a timeline, and regular
reminders utilizing Podio.
10. Work with the appropriate managers to ensure all donors, volunteers, and clients have been
invited, as appropriate.
11. Coordinate with specialists to inventory all special events supplies and ensure items are
12. Add statistics into the marketing dashboard spreadsheet monthly.
13. Send expense reports to the City Director for accountability. Oversee your team reimbursements
and forward them to the finance controller once approved.
14. Commit to 25 hours per week of concentrated work in your role.
15. Return all emails and phone calls within 24 hours.
16. Recruit members for the Direct Care team and oversee those roles if there is no specialist.
17. Train, develop, maintain, affirm, support and supervise all Special Events team members.
18. Fill out the weekly 15five report and oversee specialists’ weekly reports, providing and receiving
19. Attend every Cupcake Girls event. Attend weekly staff meetings, mandatory monthly specialists ’
meetings, annual strategy weekend and specialist retreat, and quarterly team building events. 20. Hold an annual performance review and recommitment of role for specialists on the Special
- Event Design & Planning
- Cooking / Catering
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 25 hours per week
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.