The Operations/Communications Manager will implement the organizational strategies, policies, and procedures of The Cupcake Girls within his/her city, and will report to the City Director. The Operations Manager will oversee systems for streamlining operations, all city communications, city budget, and support the City Director with policies related to staff and volunteers. S/he will support and lead the Finance Specialist, Community Relations Specialist, Office Specialist, and their teams. The Operations Manager is an integral part of the staff and will work with inter- dependently with fellow managers, helping the day-to-day operations of The Cupcake Girls run effectively and efficiently.
Implement operational systems for all teams, to include: files, administrative tools (Podio, Evernote, Google Docs/Calendars), donor database, volunteer database, financial tracking systems, and report generation.
Implement the processes for volunteers and staff related to all aspects of working for The Cupcake Girls, to include: hiring & exit, employee agreements, annual review forms, and satisfaction surveys.
Oversee the Office Assistant to maintain a clean and organized office space, coordinating weekly cleaning, and regular maintenance (i.e. carpet cleaning, equipment repair, etc.), and ensure supplies are inventoried and ordered.
Work with the Finance Controller to ensure processes are efficient and effective. Set clear deadlines for financial information to be sent and received, particularly expense reports and reimbursements.
Oversee accounts to ensure accurate reporting of deposits and withdrawals.
Evaluate the city budget and maintain financial guidelines.
Confirm all local tax filings are completed, accurate, and paid.
Keep an accurate inventory of all marketing materials and order on deadline for all team and
10. Find and schedule networking events for the community relations team, attending as needed,
and ensuring the City Director attends relevant events.
11. Find and schedule speaking engagements for the City Director and President. 12. Add statistics into the marketing dashboard spreadsheet monthly.
13. Send expense reports to the City Director for accountability. Oversee your team
reimbursements and forward them to the finance controller once approved.
14. Commit to 25 hours per week of concentrated work in your role.
15. Return all emails and phone calls within 24 hours.
16. Recruit members for the Operations team and oversee those roles if there is no specialist. 17. Train, develop, maintain, affirm, support and supervise all Operations team members.
18. Fill out the weekly 15five report and oversee specialists’ weekly reports, providing and receiving team feedback.
OPERATIONS/COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER THE CUPCAKE GIRLS
19. Attend every Cupcake Girls event. Attend weekly staff meetings, mandatory monthly specialists’ meeti ngs, annual strategy weekend and specialist retreat, and quarterly team building events.
20. Hold an annual performance review and recommitment of role for specialists on the Operations team.
- Executive Admin
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 25 hours per week
- Bachelor's Degree and prior Operations experience required.