Business Development and Community Outreach AssociatePosition Overview The Business Development Intern will be responsible for researching funding opportunities; and assisting in the proposal submission process. Candidates will demonstrate experience managing multiple tasks while having a keen attention to detail and must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This person will be intimately involved with business development and supporting the CEO and must be available for face-to-face meetings. Leading smaller projects and smaller events are a part of this role.This person will be the right hand logistical coordinator for a high energy CEO and will need the ability to multi task, work as a team, and help a small start-up organization change the world. Responsibilities:
- A critical responsibility is assist Business Development and CEO with initiating, cultivating and following up with prospective partners, collaborators, and funders.
- Team with fundraising campaigns and annual solicitations through coordinating e-mail campaigns, invitations to events and email communications.
- Managing strategic partnership and engagement appointments for Development Team and CEO.
- Assist with donor correspondence by making follow up calls to donors and sponsors.
- Previous sales support and project management experience with demonstrated past success.
- Outgoing personality with strong comfort level of community interaction and individual engagement is key.
- Strong organizational and phone skills required.
- Experience with Salesforce.com donor management software is a plus. Routine use with Microsoft Office,Excel, Power point, Word.
- Research prospective funders including: individual donors, grants, foundations, corporations, and government.
- Develop and maintain accurate donor and prospect databases
- Develop and maintain standard development department management systems and procedures.
- Create reports to analyze giving trends and fund raising activities
- Assist with donor communications, gifts processing data entry, and thank you letters.
- Help cultivate relationships with funders
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Superior attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience in collaborate, creative work environments
- Proficiency and knowledge of PC, including strong experience with MS Word and Excel
- Experience in databases, social media platforms, email communication tools and office organization desired.
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- IT Associate
- Event Planner Intern
- Program Proposal Writer
- SEO/SMO/Google Adwords Intern
- Finance Analyst Intern
- Video Editor Volunteer
- Marketing Blog Writer
- Business Analyst Intern
- Research Analyst Intern
- Internal Communications Volunteer
- Marketing Project Intern
- Co-Team Leader for University...
- Data Analyst Intern
- Grant Writer Intern
- Business Development and...
- WordPress Web Editor Volunteer
- Graphic Designer