PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: This position will volunteer with The PASS program as it is a priority initiative of DPA as we work with Dallas Animal Services and the city of Dallas to help reduce the number of animals surrendered to the shelter by counseling pet owners on options such as low-cost vet care and training resources.
Salary / Pay Rate: Volunteer
TIME COMMITMENT: 5 hours per month, Saturdays only
Advise citizens on pet resources to keep animals in their homes.
Ensure that everyone who contacts the PASS line receives a response.
Ensure that all communications are tracked.
Liaise with Dallas Animal Services on logistics of our on-site PASS program.
Must be at least 18 years old.
Should have basic knowledge of Google drive and documents.
Should live in reasonably close proximity to Dallas Animal Services.
Strong communication skills and professionalism.
Compassion/professionalism for individuals considering surrender of their pet.
Experience in rescue is helpful.
Bilingual language ability helpful but not required.
Willingness to save lives!
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours per week
- •Should live in reasonably close proximity to Dallas Animal Services.
- Feral Cat Colony Manager
- Animal Assistance Partner...
- Medical Coordinator - Virtual...
- Shelter Customer Service Volunteer
- Adoptline Volunteer
- On-Line Customer Service Volunteer
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Compassionate and Experienced...
- Foster/medical administrator
- Adoption Hotline Voicemail...
- Rescue Partner Medical Coordinator
- Landlord and Vet Check Volunteer
- Graphic Designer
- Vet Approval Admin
- Public Relations Volunteer
- Grant Writer
- Social Media Calendar Project...
- Animal Data Admin
- Social Media Intern
- Foster Parent Representative