We are looking for men and women to volunteer their time to spend with adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities who reside in group homes in Lake County. The volunteer can visit the resident at their home and/or pick them up and bring them on outings. The main purpose would be to provide additional opportunities for socialization. Some examples:
- Visit at the resident's home and participate in activities of shared interest such as playing cards or a game, cooking, crafts or just visiting
- Pick up resident and bring them on walk or out for coffee
- Pick up resident and bring them to a community class with you, ex. yoga, painting event, cooking class
- Plan an outing to a movie, concert in the park, museum or sporting event
Volunteers are welcome to visit with their "buddy" weekly or monthly.
Because of the population of people with whom we work (adults with developmental disabilities), you will be asked to complete an application, pass required background checks, sign a confidentiality agreement, pass a drug screening, be fingerprinted and attend training.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 - 6 hours per month for 8+ weeks
- Are you a dietitian who can...
- Clean Our Vacuum Cleaners
- Share your theatrical expertise...
- Adopt A Garden!
- Share Your Hobby/Interest/Talent...
- Business Plan Development for...
- Organize Donations of Furniture...
- Teach an Exercise (Movement) Class
- Calling all chefs/cooks/foodies!
- Be a Buddy to a Person with a...
- Teach People with Disabilities...
- Share Your Love of Gardening -...
- Help People with Disabilities...