Are you experienced at starting a small business? Share your knowledge!
Some of our program participants want to become self employed with their own microenterprise. In order to get started they need to know the market and if it can support their product or service. The volunteer will:
- Research and prepare market analysis
- Help the potential business owner develop a business plan
- Educate the potential business owner on business laws
- Help the potential business owner develop a marketing plan
Because of the population of people with whom we work (adults with developmental disabilities), you will be asked to complete an application, pass required background checks, sign a confidentiality agreement, pass a drug screening, be fingerprinted and attend training. You will be under the supervision of a NorthPointe Resources staff person at all times.
- Business Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 3 hours per week for at least 8 weeks.
- Are you a dietitian who can...
- Share your theatrical expertise...
- List Items for Sale on Sites...
- Adopt A Garden!
- Share Your Hobby/Interest/Talent...
- Business Plan Development for...
- Organize Donations of Furniture...
- Teach an Exercise (Movement) Class
- Calling all chefs/cooks/foodies!
- Be a Buddy to a Person with a...
- Marketing Volunteer Opportunity
- Share Your Love of Gardening -...
- Help People with Disabilities...