Wellness For Warriors
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
57 people are interested
The Mission for Wellness for Warriors is to Help Heroes, which include current military, veterans, law enforcement, fire, ems, and their family members. Currently, we need help in Springfield, MO; Branson, MO; Monett, MO; and Barton County, MO. We have a wide variety of ways you can help us, and currently, we need help on Thursday's at the Meyer Center at 8am-11am; 1130am-130pm; and 430pm-630pm. We are also building a team at our Cox North location in Springfield as well.
Below is our purpose.
1. The Wellness for Warriors program represents an enduring, community support available to first responders, veterans, and families that can transcend boundaries of any specific public safety or military organizations. A health system like CoxHealth, which is dedicated to the health and wellness of the community, has the infrastructure, expertise, and culture to successfully execute and maintain this program.
2. In our community, more and more veterans will require better access to health and wellness services. In Missouri, over 60% of veterans are 55+ and most of them are approaching Medicare eligibility according to a 2014 U.S. Census report. And according to a 2016 report by the VA, the suicide rate was 1.5 times greater for veterans than for non-veteran adults.
3. First responders, likewise, have a need for support especially after retirement from their public safety organizations. Like retired veterans, support will come from areas outside the organization they worked for. For example, a retiree from the Navy or National Guard will get services provided by the VA, not the Navy or National Guard. First responders, however, do not have the VA infrastructure to support them. Wellness for Warriors can bridge that gap for those first responders who have put their lives on the line to help keep the community safe.
4. Unfortunately, some health and wellness issues carry stigmas that may prevent a first responder or veteran to seek help or advice with their current organization. Wellness for Warriors can serve as an already-confidential resource to direct care to the appropriate place of service. Because of the inherent confidentiality of healthcare workers and volunteers, Wellness for Warriors can respond more effectively to help mitigate stigmas and barriers to care.
5. Wellness for Warriors can help build case management support networks, promote community awareness, provide wellness tools and education, and help healthcare systems take a pulse on the overall situation of first responders and veterans. It can be a nexus to help first responder, military, and government organizations connect with community resources in order to help navigate the healthcare landscape.
3801 S National, Springfield, MO 65807, US
CoxHealth's Mission is to improve the health of the communities we serve through quality health care, education and research.
CoxHealth is a five-hospital organization with more than 80 physician clinics in the region. Each facility boasts a caring, highly trained staff and state-of-the-art equipment to meet your health care needs. However due to COVID 19 we are not using on-site volunteers.