Neighborhood House exists to help diverse communities of people with limited resources attain their goals for self-sufficiency, financial independence and community building. This ESL Program is a service provided through our Employment and Education Department. The Employment and Education Department encourages the healthy development of children, youth and adults through innovative education programs. This ESL Program targets elderly adult English learners and offers them opportunities to practice their speaking skills. Services provided consist of ESL education, provided by a trained instructor, and tutoring and talk time, provided by volunteers.
Volunteers with this program have a great opportunity to work with diverse communities. The classes have a fun, informal fee, which provides time to connect with and get to know students better.
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor- Seattle
- Youth Tutoring Programs-...
- Employment, Education Outreach...
- Front Desk Help Needed!...
- ESL Tutor (Renton)
- Employment, Education Outreach &...
- ESL Instructor (West Seattle)
- Opportunity to tutor an adult...
- Short Term Human Resources...
- Human Resources Assistant
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor - Kent