Habitat for Humanity Outreach Crew Leader
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where11 Distributor RoadWorcester, MA 01605
With increasing need to accommodate veterans, those with disabilities and the elderly who are aging in place, there is a significant demand for Outreach programs such as Critical Home Repair (CHR) and A Brush With Kindness (ABWK). With this increased demand, further organizational support is required to support Operation Playhouse which funds the affiliate’s mission and coordination of Thrivent Build Repair and Home Depot Repair Corps grants. Also, more event planning, support and site leadership is required. Another goal of this position is to increase our veteran outreach in our service area. We anticipate completing 8-10 CHR’s, 40 playhouses and 3 ABWK’s each year starting in FY17.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Assist with hands on construction tasks such as demolition, site prep, framing, decking, siding, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping. Projects may include gut rehab homes as well as CHR.
- Lead small groups of volunteers, ensuring that they are well-employed while on the work sites.
- Facilitate positive experiences for volunteers and partner families working on site.
- Identify skilled and/or enthusiastic volunteers and cultivate their involvement in Habitat’s work.
- Maintain site safety through modeling of safety practices and guidelines, volunteer education, and site monitoring. Set up and cleanup project sites.
- Provide on-site orientations and safety talks to groups of volunteers and family partners.
- Help with materials management on site and at the affiliate warehouse and storage trailers. Pick up and organize materials needed for projects.
- Maintain site logs for each project completed in order for manager to assess progress and next steps.
- Participate in regular planning and debriefing meetings as needed.
- Event Planning / Management
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 16-24 hours a week