KidsPeace Maryland is a community based, family-focused, child-centered, strength-based therapeutic foster care program for children who need placement outside of the family of origin because of abuse and/or neglect.
KidsPeace is seeking dedicated individuals to become foster parents and help to make the difference in the life of an adolescent.
To become a certified foster parent, you must complete the following:
- 30 hours of Pre-Service Training
- Background clearances for all household members 18 and older
- Home Study Evaluation
- Physical exams for all household members
- Proof of vaccinations for all pets
- Home inspection
- References for you and your spouse/partner
- School references for school age children
- Income verification
We have information meetings every third Thursday of every month. The meetings are from 6:00pm-8:00pm. We are located directly across the street from the Columbia Mall. At the meetings, you will hear more about our program and be able to ask questions. There is no obligation or fee to attend.
Bilingual Families are Needed!!
Please contact us at (410)-964-9329 for more information.
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Counseling / Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- at least 1 year