North End / West End Neighborhood Service Center
1 Michelangelo Street, Boston, MA 02113
The North End / West End Neighborhood Service Center is looking for a dynamic volunteer to teach computers to seniors at the NE/WE NSC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and run a weekly class (painting, drawing, sewing).
- Assist with program outreach.
- Organize an art fair with the participation of and featuring the work of the seniors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
Knowledge of art required. Must have experience leading arts and crafts classes, with a preferred focus of working with seniors. Must have customer service skills and ability to respond to multiple requests simultaneously. Must be flexible and able to respond to multiple requests simultaneously.
Length of Commitment:
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for 2 to 3 hours between 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Adult Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Campaign Volunteer
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- GATE PROGRAM AMBASSADORS
- Family Services Interns
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Future Protectors Initiative...
- Community Planning and Research...