Dunamis - Homes of Divine Intervention Transitional Housing Program has an opening for Weekend Relief Staff. This is an overnight position: 6pm Friday through 1pm Sunday, with minimum availability to work two weekends per month. Weekend Relief Staff are responsible for supervision and support of homeless young adults living in transitional housing.
Supervision of Residents
- Support residents in the execution of their independent living plan.
- Be available on-site during scheduled weekend hours to supervise residents' activities. Walk hallway periodically (at least once every two hours) to ensure safety and compliance with rules.
- Assist in any emergency needs or events that may arise.
- Record weekend activities and report activities to Site Manager on Sunday Night.
- Plan and participate in recreational activities with residents.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- When necessary, assist in maintenance needs.
- Must inform Site Manage if you will be out of reach or out of town.
- Must provide and maintain a "best to reach at" email address or phone number that is checked a minimum of once per day.
- must respond within one business day to any and all shift availability queries from Site Manager, Executive Director or fellow Weekend Relief Staff Member.
- Must be able to work at least two shift per month.
- Must be able to work at least two holidays per calendar year.
- If for some reason you are no longer able to work a scheduled shift, it is your responsibility to find coverage for that shift, as well as for contacting the Site Manager as soon as you know you will be unable to work.
- Administrative Support
- Crisis Counseling
- Case Work / Management
- First Aid / CPR
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Twice per month
- High School Diploma; Demonstrate sensitivity to homelessness and cultutal differences