The American Cancer Society Regional Leadership Board is a community-based volunteer leadership group that works to increase the success of the Society’s efforts to save more lives from cancer by increasing revenue, by serving people facing cancer in the Eastern (Champaign & Decatur) Region of Illinois, and by promoting cancer prevention and early detection guidelines.
The Board is directly aligned with strategic priorities that support our Nationwide Program of Work, with strategies being customized to the specific needs and resources of the Champaign Market. They are charged with identifying and demonstrating measurable objectives.
Board members serve as ambassadors for the Society in their communities by facilitating collaborations with key corporate partners, health systems, advocacy leaders, and other community stakeholders who can help get us one step closer to finishing the fight against cancer.
Board Members are:
- Community leaders and influential citizens
- Willing to invest time in the Society’s mission and objectives
- Willing to abide by the Society’s policies and procedures
- Interested in the priorities and mission of the Society
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours a month