Volunteer Warehouse Assistant
8 people are interested
Do you believe it is better to reuse and recycle consumer goods and books instead of throwing them away? Are you able to lift and move furniture?
Come volunteer at Ephrata Re-Uzit Furniture & Books!
Three GREAT reasons to get invovled with Ephrata Re-Uzit:
1. Our stores provide quality clothing, books, furniture, housewares, and more to local families at affordable prices.
2. We are very environmentally-minded: not only does thrift encourage and enable the responsible use and reuse of consumer goods--we recycle everything that we can't sell in our stores.
3. Proceeds from our stores benefit Mennonite Central Committee--an organization that has been operating relief, development, and peace programs at home and around the world since 1920.
A Volunteer Warehouse Assistant with Ephrata Re-Uzit Stores, Inc. works at our Furniture & Books store located at 1054 South State Street Ephrata, PA 17522.
Generally this position is available any time during store hours. We hope our volunteers can committ to volunteering for 2-4 hours the same day each week.
1. Committed to the Mission and Principles of Operation of the Ephrata Re-Uzit Stores
and the ministry of the Mennonite Central Committee.2. Is able to lift and move furniture in and out of vehicles and around the warehouse.
Position duties include :
1. Greet Donors and unload donations from vehicles.
2. Assist in moving large donated items throughout the warehouse and onto the sales floor.
3. Assist in loading purchased items into customer vehicles.
4. Clean and assess donated furniture and appliances.
Please note: Ephrata Re-Uzit Furniture & Books is open Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-5:00pm; Fridays from 9:00am-8:00pm; and Saturdays from 9:00am-4:00pm. We are closed on Sundays.
We'll work with your schedule.
1054 South State StreetEphrata, PA 17522
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week on a weekly or bi-weekly basis