TechSandBox is seeking qualified applicants to serve on its Board of Directors.
As TechSandBox enters its next phase of growth, we seek leaders who have had significant, personal impact on the region and on its technology sectors.
The region we serve spans I-495, I-90, Rt.9 and Rt.2 and was once world renown and a destination for innovation. TechSandBox seeks to revitalize this by attracting and growing tech startups in a comprehensive ecosystem and acting as a catalyst for additional growth.
Mission statement: TechSandBox is a comprehensive technology incubator with the mission of accelerating the success of science and technology entrepreneurs, serving those primarily based near the I495/ I90 MetroWest corridors of Massachusetts.
The goal of TechSandBox is to facilitate access to information, expertise, knowledge and support for sci-tech entrepreneurs while inspiring the sense of community needed to attract, grow and retain new, sci-tech sector businesses in the immediate region, helping startups to stay and grow.
To do this, we seek executives who have a legacy of creating these companies.
The Board has three key functions that require significant time and resource commitment:
- Leadership in running a significant piece of the organization including but not limited to: Programs, Fundraising, Operations, Partnerships or Public Sector support. This includes finding and organizing the resources to execute on any endeavors deemed important to the organization’s success. May include direct supervision of volunteers and staff.
- Attraction of significant funding and/or direct contribution
- Promotion of the organization and ombudsmen
Length of term: Three years which may be renewed.
Meetings and time commitment:
The Board meets January through December (excepting August) with a recurring schedule at TechSandBox unless a special meeting is called.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by TechSandBox mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote TechSandBox mission and programs to the community proactively.
- Become familiar with TechSandBox finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of TechSandBox.
- Financially support TechSandBox.
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as noted above.
- Participate on a standing committee and serve on ad-hoc committees or initiatives, as necessary.
Background of Board members:
The Board will be comprised of leaders of the stakeholders of the ecosystem necessary for the health of TechSandBox and will have most of the following background:
- Live in, work in or have a high stake in the success of MetroWest and its place in the MA economy
- Are tied into the region’s ecosystem through Boards, volunteering, public sector and related
- Have been/ are leaders, executives, founders, executive directors, or head of an organization past or present (CEO, Director, VP/EVP) with significant success/impact.
Please apply here: https://tech.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_219831
Or, contact Neil Licht at Neil firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 20 hours per month
- Eecutive presenence, presentations, leadership and management