The volunteer position for the English Language Teacher for Beginners will consist of teaching English to very begiiners who have very recently arrived in the country. This volunteer will assist the client in improving their communication skills utilizing the English language. Due to the students minimal knowledge of the English language, we do require the volunteer to be fluent in Arabic.
- Assist the Adult Education Program Coordinator and ELT Instructor with the development and maintenance of the English Language Training curriculum.
- Assist with the instruction of the ELT Courses on a daily basis.
- Assist with the coordination of volunteers assigned to the ELT Program.
- Assist clients with individualized instruction to learn the English Language.
- Assist with the scheduling, organization, and documentation of the ELT Program.
- Speak Arabic fluently
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter.
- Must possess cultural sensitivity and excellent cross-cultural communication skills.
- Must have a strong desire to help people and work within a highly diverse team.
- Should be patient, flexible, and creative.
- Must possess basic instructional skills to deliver English Language Training.
- Prefer familiarity with modern ESL curricula and instructional techniques.
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- at least three months