YoKid is committed to fostering positive role models and leaders in the community. Each year YoKid welcomes undergraduate students, recent college grads and graduate students to join our team for 6 or 12 months.
Interns commit 15 hours each week in the office and are eligible for practicum/course credits along with unlimited monthly yoga passes at our partner local studio.
Gain an understanding of the day-to-day operations of a small non profit. Ideal for someone who is self-directed, responsible, interested in office management and demonstrates a strong interest in community building, yoga and children’s health. Interns will gain skills to:
- Assist with community partner outreach
- Maintain regular communication with volunteers via google groups and social media
- Promote events/workshops (including the Marine Corps Marathon, Yoga-thon, and the National Kids Yoga Conference) and represent YoKid in community events
- Work with staff to manage volunteer office hours, recruitment, mat distribution and resource library
- Event Management
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 15 hours per week