Leadership Mentor for Youth
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where200 McChord Street (Hanger 1)Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)Washington, DC 20032
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol, located at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) in Washington, DC, seeks volunteers with an interest in leadership and youth mentorship to oversee the Squadron's military-style training program for young people aged 12-20.
Location: Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, D.C.
Time Commitment: 15-15 hours per month
- Training young men and women to be leaders and engaged citizens through Tuskegee Squadron's Cadet Program.
- Instructing CAP members in leadership, military customs and courtesies, and proper uniform wear (CAP cadets and eligible adult members wear Air Force uniform with CAP distinctive insignia).
- Assisting in planning of weekly squadron meetings, regular training activities, and relevant special events.
- Familiarizing themselves with the organization, missions, publications, and policies of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Regularly attending weekly squadron meetings, held on Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Background in the U.S. Military, ROTC/JROTC, or Civil Air Patrol--Current and prior military are especially encourage to participate.
- Strong interest in youth mentorship and training.
- Willingness to learn--and become an expert in--the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program.
- Superb organizational and people skills.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check.
A wide variety of Emergency Services and other training opportunities are available if desired, though participation is not required.
Civil Air Patrol, the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is a nonprofit organization with 58,000 members nationwide. In its Air Force Auxiliary role, CAP performs about 85 percent of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions. Its unpaid professionals also perform homeland security, disaster relief, and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state, and local agencies. The members play a leading role in aerospace education and serve as mentors to more than 24,000 young people currently participating in CAP's Cadet Program. Visit www.capvolunteernow.com for more information.
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron is the only Civil Air Patrol squadron located in the District of Columbia. This squadron is primarily dedicated to the implementation of the CAP Cadet Program, which encourages young people between the ages of 12 and 20 to develop leadership skills, meet physical and intellectual challenges, and serve their
To apply, please email a letter of interest to Major Jacob Gerstein at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "DW: CP".
- Project Management
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-15 hours per month
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all regulations & procedures.
- Historical Researcher
- Activities Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Science, Technology,...
- Public Relations Specialist
- Administration Specialist
- Finance Specialist
- Project Manager
- Recruiting Specialist
- Leadership Mentor for Youth
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Health and Wellness Advisor
- Logistics Manager
- Online Recruiting Manager
- Professional Development...
- Supply Management Specialist