This position is ideal for a student or professional looking to gain valuable experience in working in a professional office setting, while learning more about CAIR-WA's work in defending civil rights, fighting bigotry, empowering American Muslims, and promoting accurate, representative media portrayals of Islam and Muslims. No previous experience is required for this position.
CAIR-WA is a 501c3 non-profit Muslim civil rights organization funded almost fully by local individuals who live in the state of Washington, and their employers' matching funds. The Donor Relations Volunteer helps maximize fulfillment of pledges by local donors and ensure matching of their donation by their employers.
- Enter pledges and donations received into online Donor Perfect(r) database
- Call donors to fulfill pledges and obtain employer information
- Track and ensure employer matching
- General office tasks as needed
Basic orientation and a detailed procedure manual are provided to quickly acquaint the volunteer with task procedures. The Donor Relations Volunteer reports to the Office Manager.
- Very strong, confident phone communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Punctual and reliable
- Internal sense of urgency and initiative that promotes focus, creative thinking and solutions
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to details
Time commitment: A minimum 6-month, 20 hours per week commitment is required. This position requires all hours to be completed in the office, within the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Office location: Our physical office (different from our mailing address) is conveniently located near downtown Seattle just two blocks from Metro's International District Tunnel Station. Any bus that goes to downtown Seattle from across the Puget Sound region can drop you within 2 blocks of our office.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and, in the subject line, please clearly indicate the title(s) of the position(s) in which you are interested, in order of preference. Please include in your e-mail an explanation of why you are interested in this position, any relevant experience or skills, and your complete contact information (full name, email, and phone number).
You may also include a résumé and two references who have supervised you in a past volunteer position, internship or employment. Applicants must pass a background check. All volunteer positions at CAIR-WA are unpaid.
Please note:ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN IMMEDIATELY we respond to applications year-round IMMEDIATELY as they are received, so apply now!
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Donor Management
Good Match For
Kids People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum 6-month, 20 hrs/week commitment required
- Executive Assistant Intern
- Graphic Design Intern at Civil...
- Civil Rights Case Intake Intern
- Event Planning Intern
- Journalism and Photography...
- General Office Assistance...
- WEB DESIGN VOLUNTEER AT CIVIL...
- Media Interview Training Volunteer
- DONOR RELATIONS VOLUNTEER AT...
- Film Production Volunteer
- Public Relations Intern at Civil...
- Web Design Intern at Civil...
- Web Development Intern at Civiil...