Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN) is looking for a Volunteer Manager/Coordinator who is responsible for recruiting and managing groups of volunteers, as well as an individual member of Leadership Team within GWLN. They must have strong communication and management skills, since they work with many different kinds of people and support various projects. They work with the Executive Director and Leadership team. In addition to being an indispensable member of the team, this person will learn about the various areas of running a non-profit organization and work on global projects with women leaders from around the world.
The Volunteer Manager/Coordinator must meet critical deadlines and be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings. Enthusiastic, self-motivated, collaborative, adaptable and must possess a strong sense of responsibility.
- Recruit volunteers to fill in open positions and find opportunities where matches volunteers skill set, experience and their interests.
- Screen applications, conduct and coordinate interviews.
- Write job descriptions as needed
- Post jobs on the websites and share with GWLN social media channels
- Manage database and update information on volunteers
- Maintain communication with existing volunteers.
- Hold events to thank volunteers or send individual correspondences.
- Stay abreast of GWLN activities and key global events and issues related to women’s rights and leadership
- Attend bimonthly Leadership Team meetings and publish minutes.
- Set up meetings and manage the relationship with the Sobrato Center.
- Attend and support GWLN events as needed
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and groups
- Effective communicator and troubleshooter
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision
- Online research skills
- Proficiency to office PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Appx.8-15 hours a week
- Flexible hours
- Comfortable with working in a virtual environment
- Ability to attend by-weekly Leadership Team meetings in San Jose
- This is a volunteer position.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- appx.8-15 hours a week, at least 1 year or longer