Mindful Somatics Institute (MSI) is anticipating dramatic growth as an organization over the next year. During this time it is expected that MSI will have a somewhat large office with a paid staff of at least two, perhaps three people. We will also likely have many volunteers assisting the staff as well as sometimes running whole organizational departments. For this reason we will be needing a volunteer coordinator to work with both the paid staff and the other volunteers.
MSI's Volunteer Coordinator (V.C.) will seek to be familiar enough with all aspects of the organization to facilitate intelligently coordinated activities between all persons and departments of the organization. Mostly, however, the V.C. will be involved in ...
- outreaching to the community, seeking volunteer help
- hiring volunteer workers
- supporting and encouraging smooth and effective communcation between volunteers, staff, etc.
- coordinating and arranging any and all necessary organizational activities which support MSI's mission by assisting in the coordination of the organization as a whole and its volunteers especially
- working closely with the organization's leadership in attending to these duties
This position will begin as a volunteer job, but will likely become a paid position over time--, if that would be of interest.
- Administrative Support
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Business Development
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- part time - open to discussion