In September 2016 we hosted a conference called "Trailblazers: Blaze Your Own Path to a Better World." (http://www.BlazeYourOwnPath.org) It went great, and we had about 65 people in attendance. Our goal was to enable people to make a concrete, observable difference in their world with the support of the other people in attendance. Everyone left the conference with a task they chose for themselves, which they agreed to achieve during the following 30 days.
We would very much like to produce another Trailblazers conference, with more outreach, more lead-time and better attendance. To do that, we need a conference coordinator who is willing to put in the time and effort that is necessary to make it a reality. Last time, as Executive Director I took on that role, and I've realized that's too much for me to do again, given all my other responsibilities.
If you are selected for this volunteer position, your responsibilities will include obtaining and coordinating the other volunteers who will work on the project, setting up committees, scheduling the conference, chairing the planning committees, etc. It will be a LOT of work, and it will provide an ENORMOUS amount of satisfaction as you see the project on to completion. This is a chance to build your resume while working with easygoing, friendly people who actively want you to succeed and are committed to helping you achieve your dreams.
If this sounds good to you, let's get together and talk!
- Executive Admin
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Cost Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Gardening/Yard work
- Bookkeeper for small nonprofit...
- Massages Needed!
- Mac Web/Email Server Admin
- Shop Manager for...
- Make our Center sparkle! Help...
- Sales/Marketing of Equipment for...
- Computer Systems Admin for...
- Coordinator of Volunteer Magic!
- Health Fair Marketing for...
- Executive Assistant for Director...
- Conference Planner/Organizer
- Craigslist sales volunteer
- General Repairs and Maintenance
- Online Social Networking for...
- Wheelchair and Power Chair Courier
- Wheelchair and Power Chair...