Growing Senior Center is looking for an energetic, organized individual to work with staff and increase operational capacity through strategic volunteer management.
Position Summary: The Volunteer Coordinator plays a vital role by developing and driving the volunteer management program and providing ongoing support to volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for identifying, cultivating and engaging volunteers from the senior center and the community to participate in activities that benefit the senior center and its constituents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with staff to understand and appreciate their role in the training of volunteers
- Identify and cultivate volunteers from the senior center and the community for opportunities in program, administration, board and committee participation
- Train volunteers on general functions, e.g., mission, program overview, completing forms, e.g., petty cash forms, member application forms
- Train permanent volunteers to run programs independently of staff
- Ensure volunteers record their volunteer hours on the Center’s check-in program
- Previous management experience of employees or volunteers
- Experience in delegating
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, other publications
- Exhibit creativity in employee/volunteer recognition
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per week - flexible days/times
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.