Volunteer Drivers for Older Adults!
8 people are interested
A Helping Hand
The Volunteer Companion Driver:
Without transportation older adults and those with disabilities lose their independence and are denied access to vital services, such as getting to and from medical appointments and the grocery store.
A Helping Hand is seeking volunteer companions who are interested in providing transportation services. Examples:
- Driving and/or accompanying to scheduled appointments
- Beauty salon and barber shop appointments
- Acting as a Personal Shopper
- Escort for grocery shopping or drug store medication pick-up
- Driving to and from social engagements
Availability during weekday business hours is very helpful.
We'll work with your schedule.
Durham, Orange, Chatham and Western Wake CountiesBased in client's homeChapel Hill, Durham and surrounding communities, NC 27707
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Bereavement Support
- Community Outreach
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per visit