Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) is a community-based, local economic development organization which has engaged individuals and small businesses in community-building strategies for over 40 years. Our mission is to achieve economic justice for San Francisco’s low and moderate income Latino families through asset building and community development.
The Workforce Development Program works actively to target unemployment in the Mission District and great San Francisco Bay Area. The program’s adult side engages local employers to open up employment opportunities for local residents and with job seekers to prepare them and place them in gainful and sustainable employment.
Purpose: The Workforce Development Intern will work on engaging local employers, analyzing the Bay Area job market, and carrying out various workforce related tasks and projects.
Duties and Responsabilities:
- Enter workforce related documentation into organizational and city databases.
- Reach out to local employers through in person and online campaigns.
- Summarize, analyze and present employment trends for staff.
- Carry out initial intake of workforce clients.
- Catalog citywide workforce events to create encompassing calendars.
- Network with local workforce and business community based organizations.
- Support Workforce staff as assigned.
- Interest in non-profit economic development and/or unemployment sectors.
- High computer skills, strong proficiency in using MS Office software and online software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and/or qualitative analysis skills.
- Must be extremely reliable and able to follow through on commitments.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with people from diverse cultures and life circumstances.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) are preferred
- Gain valuable non-profit and economic development skills.
- Receive ongoing training and support from skilled professionals.
- Be engaged in the Mission community and help give back to its residents.
Hours and Dates:
- Flexible, 20 hours or more per week minimum
- 3 - 6 month commitment
- General Hours of Operation (8:30-5:30pm)
- This is an unpaid internship position
- This position does not include health insurance
Direct General Supervisor:
Orrian Willis, Workforce Development Program Manager
Close Supervision by:
Ernesto Martinez, Workforce and Tax Specialist
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume of your qualifications or course of study by email to
Lucia Obregon: email@example.com.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training