POSITION:STORE RETAIL PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE
DIVISION: Retail/ Donated Goods
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
The Retail Production Associate greets and assists donors and customers tactfully and courteously. The Retail Production Associate helps donors unload their donations and bring into the store; hangs clothes; sorts and quality selects apparel into saleable and salvage categories; affixes price tags, and helps load/unload trucks and trailers. The Retail Production Associate must provide support services by working with individuals with disabilities or disadvantages.
Examines donated items for overall quality, and places the items in appropriate locations for pricing and distribution.
Prepares clothing racks, bins and other items for the store.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Greets donors within 10 seconds in a courteous manner; unloads donations from vehicles, offers tax receipts, and maintains accurate daily donor counts. Greets every Donor with "Good Morning (afternoon)" and thanks the individual for their donation.
* Maintains a neat and orderly appearance in the store and processing area including returning merchandise to the proper place, rearranging merchandise moved by customers, dusting, sweeping, and all other housekeeping duties. Cleans toppers and replaces merchandise as needed.
* Correctly hangs textiles, affixes price tags, transports merchandise on the sales floor, and displays it in the appropriate location. Meets hang count productivity standards.
* Sorts apparel into salvage and saleable categories.
* Maintains a neat and clean area for sorting, processing, or hard goods work stations.
* Assists in the achievement of production and sales goals for the store. Meets sorting and pricing production standards.
Assists with the security of the store inventory and observes all customers to reduce pilferage of Goodwill property. Recognizes that all items donated or purchased by Goodwill belong to the company and are not to be taken, given away or sold inappropriately.
Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
Adheres to all Goodwill Industries of El Paso, Inc. policies and procedures.
Maintains acceptable attendance, personal hygiene, and dress code standards including wearing company issued name badges.
Works closely with store management and other associates to ensure donations reach the sales floor in a timely manner.
Demonstrates good work habits for employees and program participants, maintaining a good attitude towards the operation of the entire facility, and is a positive role model for individuals receiving rehabilitation services.
Ensures all safety rules are adhered to and the general upkeep of your area meets the standards of Goodwill Industries of El Paso, Inc. Reports accidents or injuries immediately.
Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding Goodwill Industries of El Paso, Inc. and persons receiving services.
Assists in other areas as requested.
Experience in a used goods or retail store helpful.
Knowledge of a wide variety of products in order to ensure items are complete and of good value.
Ability to make quick decisions regarding merchandise quality.
Must have a pleasant and friendly attitude.
Ability to read, write and speak English (preferred) and have a basic math aptitude.
Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends).
Must be willing to transfer to other stores as requested.
Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, customers, donors, and persons receiving services.
Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
Ability to provide support services by working with disabled/disadvantaged persons and assisting in the rehabilitation process of Goodwill Industries of El Paso, Inc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and be able to stand for long periods at a time; bend, reach and stretch repeatedly during a shift.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training