ALA (Adult Literacy Advocates) needs volunteer tutors who are willing to commit to three hours weekly to tutor other adults in basic education skills. We are hosting a tutor training workshop in July for interested participants. Tutoring one-on-one is a way in which one person can make a big difference.
- Work individually with students in areas such as basic literacy,HiSET preparation, and English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Instruct small groups of students at our daily and nightly classes
- Serve as mentors and cheerleaders to our students
- Help in areas such as computer instruction, homework, lesson planning, etc.
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The weekly time commitment is 3 hours.