Surgical Ambassador Program
35 people are interested
Come join our Surgical Ambassador team!
Huntington Hospital is looking for volunteers to assist in creating a comforting, hospitable, and informative atmosphere in our surgical family lounge.
In this role, you will assist in designing an optimal experience from start to finish for both our patients and their families. This includes:
- Welcoming all family and friends into our Surgical Family Lounge while checking them in.
- Answering any phone calls from our Ambulatory and Post Anesthesia Care Unit nursing team in regard to updates on patients.
- Promote a kind, hospitable environment to all family members while waiting in the family lounge. This includes showing families how to read the surgical update board, changing the TV channels when asked, and helping assist in using the coffee/tea machine.
- Accompany family members into our Ambulatory and Post Anesthesia Care Unit once the patient’s procedure is complete to see their loved ones.
- At least 18 years of age
- Compassionate with exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to connect with our patients’ families while in the Surgical Family Lounge.
- The ability to work with our Perioperative Surgical Team, Nursing Staff, and family members and caregivers while waiting for their loved ones.
Currently, the available shifts are:
This is a 6 month commitment!
Please reach out to myself (email@example.com) if you're interested!
270 Park Ave
Huntington, NY 11743
About Huntington Hospital
270 Park Avenue, Huntington, NY 11743, US
To improve the health of the community it serves and is committed to providing the highest quality clinical care.
Non-profit organization seeking volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
270 Park AvenueHuntington, NY 11743
- Customer Service
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hours per week
- Great communication & people skills