Stamford Dollars for Scholars holds fundraising events each year. We currently have two major events on our calendar: a Gala held in May and a Golf Fundraiser, held in September. In addition, we have smaller events throughout the year, including two social media driven events: #GivingTuesday (December) and Fairfield County Giving Day (March).
We are looking for an Event Director. This individual would be responsible for managing an event which would include:
- Developing a vision and image for the event
- Recruiting and forming an event committee
- Scheduling necessary committee meetings for planning and coordination
- Preparing a budget and revenue projection
- Leading the creative side
- Assuring success
The individual should have good planning and project management skills, enjoy event planning sctivities and the ability to rally volunteers to the cause. Individuals should be self-starters and independent thinkers who will make decisions within the scope of the assigned task.
You will report to the VP of Fundraising, who will have oversight and financial responsibility and who will report to the Board of Directors.
Special interest in finding individuals who have interest or experience in: golf tournaments, gala fundraisers, online fundraising, fundraising for non-profits, fundraising for scholarships.
This position can lead to an invitation to join our Board of Directors.
- Cost Analysis
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hr/wk; peak of 20 hr/wk
- PC, internet access, knowledge of internet tools (e.g. Google Apps)