Monday-Friday (flexible), hours: 8:30 AM - 5 PM (flexibile)
- Greet visitors in a welcoming and professional manner consistent with the City of SeaTac mission.
- Ensure that visitors are properly signed .
- Learn services and department functions in order to direct visitors to the appropriate destination.
- As requested, answer incoming calls in a manner consistent with the City mission; give out information, route calls, and take messages.
- Maintain general knowledge of outside-related services in order to assist visitors and callers.
City of SeaTac Team
- Provide hospitality to all City visitors and treat all clients, volunteers, and staff with dignity and respect.
- Work as a member of the City team in collaboration with City staff and volunteers to deliver the highest quality services to all clients, volunteers, and staff.
- Possess a working knowledge of services provided at the City.
- Participate in meetings and trainings as requested; to include substance abuse, health and mental health sensitivity training.
- Communicate with the onsite coordinator, volunteer coordinator and others as needed.
- Sign in and out each time you volunteer.
- Receive direction from and work under the Front Desk Coordinator.
- Is able to work independently and in the absence of the Front Desk Coordinator.
- Communicate to volunteer office when not able to volunteer.
- Receptionist or customer service experience in a busy reception area or in a similar type position.
- Computer, data entry, and typing skills preferred.
- Must be customer service and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to:
- Follow oral and written directions; listen attentively; communicate in oral and occasionally written forms.
- Interact with a culturally diverse and senior population.
- Write and print legibly; take clear, concise, and accurate messages.
- Must remain flexible to the needs of the staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Must have ability to use a multi-line console; or to be trained.
- Ability to hear and see activities in reception area.
Training is Provided
Please contact Scott Lozano Scott@skchs.org / 206.816.3202
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week minimum.