What if every classrooom had a Grandparent? Read with a child, listen, care. It makes a difference to children struggling in school.
Be a Foster Grandparent in a school near you in Lake or Mendocino counties. If you are 55 or older and on a limited income, you can apply to be a Foster Grandparent. You can help childen in your community develop the academic and life skills that are critical to their future success.
We will match your skills and passions to opportunities that interst you, including those in local schools, youth facilities and early childhood education and day care centers.
- General Education
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Literacy / Reading
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer at least 15 hours per week
- Low income seniors
- Plowshares Community Dining Room
- Cancer Resource Center - Needs...
- Ukiah Senior Center needs...
- Willits Senior Center
- Mendocino Coast District...
- Be a Schools of Hope tutor
- Redwood Coast Senior Center...
- Human Society for Inland...
- Oak Granary Need Garden Volunteers
- Volunteer Tax Preparer - VITA
- Be a Classroom Grandparent