Be a Classroom Grandparent Today!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where413 N. State StreetUkiah, CA 95482
What if every classrooom had a Grandparent? Read with a child, listen, care. It makes a difference to children struggling in school.
Be a Foster Grandparent in a school near you in Lake or Mendocino counties. If you are 55 or older and on a limited income, you can apply to be a Foster Grandparent. You can help childen in your community develop the academic and life skills that are critical to their future success. There is a small stipend of $2.66 per hour and transporation costs are paid to and from school.
We will match your skills and passions to opportunities that interst you, including those in local schools, youth facilities and early childhood education and day care centers.
- General Education
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer at least 15 hours per week
- Low income seniors
- Plowshares Community Dining Room
- Cancer Resource Center - Needs...
- Willits Senior Center
- Redwood Coast Senior Center...
- Coach for Senior Fall Prevention...
- Be a Classroom Grandparent Today!
- Ukiah Senior Center needs...
- Mendocino Coast District...
- Be a Schools of Hope tutor
- Caring Kitchen - Youth serving...
- Human Society for Inland...
- Oak Granary Need Garden Volunteers
- Tutoring in Schools in Sonoma...
- Volunteer Tax Preparer - VITA
- VITA Volunteer Income Tax...