1. Statement of the Job:
The Nature Conservancy is looking for volunteers with a strong interest in environmental conservation to serve as RV site hosts at the Patagoina-Sonoita Creek Preserve from mid-July through Sept. 30, 2016. RV site hosts live on site at one of the preserve’s two RV pads. They should be self-motivated, adaptable, and creative team players. They must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends. Strong candidates will have an interest in birding and feel comfortable leading nature or natural history walks.
2. Essential Functions:
- Opens, closes, and staffs the visitor center.
- Fee collection, retail sales, and visitor orientation
- Administrative duties including: answering phones, closing out registers, and merchandise inventories.
- General chores including: filling feeders, cleaning restrooms, and trail and garden maintenance
3. Minimum Qualifications:
- Physically fit - able to walk a couple miles of trails.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass a background check for child safety.
- Experience using computers applications such as Word, Excel and web browsers.
4. Preferred Qualifications:
- Current in First Aid/CPR certification.
- Ability to operate TNC equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry skills.
- Experience in trail maintenance and/or retail sales and inventory management.
- Desire to help The Nature Conservancy advance its conservation objectives.
5. Responsibility & Scope:
- May work with limited supervision.
- Interacts with the general public on behalf of The Nature Conservancy.
6. Time Required: Minimum of 25 hours/week for each volunteer.
- The manager and volunteer coordinator will delivera thorough orientation of the preserve’s programs to site hosts.
- A general online training is required for all new volunteers.
- Volunteers will receive training for all special activities or tools required.
8. Start time and length of assignment: This is a seasonalvolunteer opportunity. Maximum stay is 3.5 months.
9. Reports to the Preserve Manager and Volunteer Coordinator.
For more information or to fill out our application, check out the site host application at:
You may also email: email@example.com or call (520) 394-2400.
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 25 hours/week for each volunteer
- See rules and regulation in our application.