Volunteer Program at La Clinica de la Raza in Fruitvale Village
Seeking volunteers September-December 2017. Appication DEADLINE 7/15/17.
Do you want to:
Help remove the barriers to accessing quality health care?
Serve the community by volunteering your time?
Learn about what it’s like to work in a health clinic setting?
La Clinica’s Fruitvale Village location (next to Fruitvale BART) is currently looking for committed, motivated and dependable volunteers to grow our volunteer program. Volunteers will play a critical role in the smooth functioning of a robust, busy community clinic, and continuing volunteers may have the opportunity to move into patient interaction roles. Patient interaction roles require the ability to speak Spanish.
Volunteers take on a 3.5-hour shift once a week (M-F, no weekends, evenings). Shifts for the next session are May-August 2017. Volunteers are expected to commit to a weekly shift for the duration of this period.
· Administrative tasks (checking mail and faxes for providers, filing, data entry, data clean-up, medical records and charts filing)
· Phone lines (Patient reminder calls, taking messages for providers, problem solving, follow up)
· Patient concierge (new patient orientation, helping patients fill out forms, walking patients to different departments, bulletin boards)
· Patient care duties (taking vital sig ns, assisting medical assistants and providers)
Application Deadline is 7/15/17.
Individuals who are interested in volunteering can apply here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=675032586
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 50-100 hours preferred
- High demand for Spanish-speaking candidates, but not necessary