The YWCA is seeking any type of useable furniture to help furnish our emergency shelters and domestic violence units. Anything a family could use when they arrive at our shelters with little more than the clothes on their backs. The YWCA of Seattle|King|Snohomish counties has over 800 housing units we try to furnish through community support, donation drives and grants.
While we understand used items are not perfect, we also have arranged pickups only to have to throw items away as they were unusable, so have now set a standard of quality items must meet to be considered.
Here are our guidelines.
Good quality furniture- consignment quality
Clean. No major stains
Not from a house with animals
If your items meet these guidelines, we would need you to send pictures, address, and phone number.
We do provide pick up in the Seattle area. On every other Friday.
The next step is for me to work with our facilities team to get you on the schedule for pick up. It averages about a week or two.
Then the driver calls you directly to arrange the best time for you.
He’ll come out, pick it up, and give you a tax donation sheet for your records.
We appreciate you considering us, and look forward to working with you.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Provide childcare in Issaquah...
- Provide Childcare for Women Who...
- Seeking new and used furniture...
- YWCA Childcare Help Needed
- Adopt A Unit - Ownership over...
- Lead the homeless women at...
- YWCA Front Desk Volunteer position
- Opportunity to gain...
- Urgent need! Volunteers for our...
- Lead your favorite fitness...
- Hunger Helper - Backpack Brigade...