Become a RSVP Volunteer in Windham County. We are part of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) Senior Corps program. We match volunteers 55 and older with the best fit at a local nonprofit. Our focus area is Healthy Living, Aging in Place, we prioritize matching you with nonprofits that serve elders in our community.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Meals on Wheel Driver: Deliver meals once a week to a home-bound elder.
- Neighbor Driver: Give rides to your neighbors without transportation.
- Food Pantry Support: Help sort food donations, stock shelves and give food to people once a week at your local pantry.
- Exercise Leader: Get trained as a Group Exercise Leader and run a class in your town. We have several established Bone Builders classes in the area an are open to all ideas/suggestions.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive Support: Help at monthly blood drives by staffing the check-in table or snack table. Usually 1-2 drives a month and half-day shifts per blood drive available.
- AARP VITA Tax Assistance: Get trained as a tax aide and help people complete their taxes during tax season, usually once a week. No prior experience necessary, training available.
- Mentor at a K-12 School: Serve as a mentor to children at a local school. We've partnered with several different schools. The commitment is usually once a week.
- Advisory Group: Be a member of our Community Advisory Group. Help us do a better job serving our community and plan volunteer opportunities for the future.
- Support non-profits: If none of the above sounded interesting, we partner with a lot of other non profits that have opportunities, like libraries, museums, knitting clubs, memory cafe's, and many others. Give us a call to find out more.
160 Benmont Ave., Suite 90, Bennington, VT 05201, US
Green Mountain RSVP is a Senior Corps volunteer program - part of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). It's a nationwide program for volunteers 55 and older. We serve Bennington, Windsor, and Windham Counties in Vermont. We place volunteers with nonprofits providing services for elders in our community. Our Focus area is Healthy Futures, Aging in Place.
Currently we have a need for volunteers in Bennington, Windam and Windsor Counties in a wide variety of opportunities. Call us toll free today at (844) 258-RSVP or visit us on the Web www.rsvpvt.org
Our primary volunteer roles we recruit for are: Meals on Wheels Delivery, Drivers, Group Exercise Leaders & Companionship, K-12 Mentors, AARP Tax Aide Assistance, Food Pantry Support, American Red Cross Blood Drive Support, and Community Advisory Board members. If you are interested in serving outside of those roles, we will help place you one of our many nonprofit partners.