Are you 55 or older? Volunteer with RSVP in Windham County!
Become a RSVP Volunteer in Windham County. We are part of the nationally funded Senior Corps program. We match volunteers 55 and older with the best fit at a local nonprofit. Our focus areas are Healthy Living, Aging in Place, and Transportation so we prioritize matching you with nonprofits that serve elders in those areas.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Meals on Wheel Driver: Deliver meals once a week to a home-bound elder.
- Neighbor Driver: Give rides to your neighbors without transportation.
- Food Pantry Support: Help sort food donations, stock shelves and give food to people once a week at your local pantry.
- Exercise Leader: Get trained as a Group Exercise Leader and run a class in your town. We have several established Bone Builders classes in the area an are open to all ideas/suggestions.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive Support: Help at monthly blood drives by staffing the check-in table or snack table. Usually 1-2 drives a month and half-day shifts per blood drive available.
- AARP VITA Tax Assistance: Get trained as a tax aide and help people complete their taxes during tax season, usually once a week. No prior experience necessary, training available.
- Mentor at a K-12 School: Serve as a mentor to children at a local school. We've partnered with several different schools. The commitment is usually once a week.
- Advisory Group: Be a member of our Community Advisory Group. Help us do a better job serving our community and plan volunteer opportunities for the future.
- We also partner with other non profits like libraries, museums, youth services, memory cafe's, and many others. Give us a call to find out more.
We'll work with your schedule.
165 DERRY LANETOWNSHENDTOWNSHEND, VT 05353
- Administrative Support
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Fitness Instruction
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours per month.
- Background checks are only required if you are driving someone or visiting them at their home.