WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1 Normal AvenueMontclair, NJ 07043
Position Title: Service-Learning Coordinator
Hours of Service: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday with some evening and weekend hours.
The EECO member assigned to the SLCE Program will lend critical support to service-learning students and the community partners who they serve. Specifically, the EECO member will coordinate, support, and participate in service-learning projects in the community and on campus related to unmet educational needs, in support of our community partners, especially those that help youth achieve success in school, prevent them from dropping out before high school graduation, and encourage access to higher education.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement projects that directly serve service-learning students.
- Plan, implement and serve in projects with and for the Bonner Leader AmeriCorps members.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement projects, orientations and training working directly with service-learning students enrolled in the Emerging Leaders Learning Community.
- Help manage community partnerships and service placements for Montclair State University students by making site visits, managing communication with partners, and coordinating projects.
- Maintain all website and Facebook communications for the Service-Learning and Community Engagement program.
- Create, disseminate, and collect program evaluation to assess success and areas of improvement for the Service-Learning and Community Engagement program.
- Collaborate with program staff to address issues and concerns related to service-learning students service in the community.
- Plan and implement days of service for the entire Montclair State University campus community. (National Day of Service, Community Partner Fair and MLK Day).
- Complete all SLCE and EECO AmeriCorps Program reports and other paperwork as required.
Training and Evaluation:
- Participate in multi-day orientation and ongoing training opportunities
- Attend personal and professional development training provided by host site
- Participate In training associated volunteer management
- Attend National Days of Service, AmeriCorps week and events sponsored by the New Jersey Commission on National and Community Service
- Assist evaluators in gathering information related to program improvement
- Free childcare
- Free health insurance
- Free gym membership to the Montclair State University Recreation Center
- Training Certification from the MSU Network for Educational Renewal
- Deferred student loan.
- Internship stipend- $12,530
- Education scholarship- $5,700
Center for Community Engagement
- Event Design & Planning
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training