Join us for our 4th annual JA in a Day at Nikiski North Star Elementary on Friday, November 17, 2017! Volunteers will be presenting lessons on financial literacy, workforce readiness, and entrepreneurship to kindergarten through 5th grade students throughout the course of the school day.
Junior Achievement will provide all necessary program materials, as well as a 30-minute training to ensure you feel comfortable and prepared going into the classroom.
We provide a step by step program guide that will walk you through how to facilitate each lesson. The detailed script directs volunteers through the activity and discussion. The time commitment is minimal compared to the significant impact you make.
Before visiting the classroom, JA suggests volunteers spends a minimum of 30 minutes reviewing and preparing for their lesson. JA staff is available to answer your questions or make suggestions pertaining to your volunteer assignment.
In addition to training, JA will provide breakfast and lunch to all volunteers on the day of the event.
Please contact Amarin Pokrivnak at email@example.com for more information.
- Public Speaking
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Financial Literacy
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 hours (varies based on grade level)
- KPBSD Background Check
- JA in a Day - Northern Lights...
- 5th Grade Classroom Volunteer -...
- JA in a Day - Sand Lake Elementary
- JA in a Day - Nikiski North Star...
- JA in a Day - Willow Crest...
- JA in a Day - William Tyson...
- JA in a Day - K-Beach Elementary...
- JA in a Day - Ravenwood Elementary
- JA in a Day - Redoubt Elementary...
- JA in a Day - Mountain View...
- JA in a Day - Airport Heights...
- JA in a Day - Williwaw Elementary