Office volunteers are scheduled Monday through Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:30pm.
Office volunteers support the director and administrative assistant by answering the phone, scheduling appointments for clients, filing, doing laundry, and assisting with other tasks and projects as assigned. Office volunteers are occasionally asked to assist in the food cupboard, prepare mailings, and help with special events.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings unless granted an excuse from the director.
- When you arrive in the morning, make a photocopy of the food cupboard schedule, grab the client files that match the schedule, and bring them downstairs to the kitchen for the food cupboard volunteers (except on Tuesdays).
- Check the folder for 'Pending Referrals to be Scheduled’ and call to make clothing referrals (see the instruction sheet for more details).
- Answer the phone and transfer calls, take messages, or schedule appointments for the food cupboard.
- Return client folders alphabetically to the filing cabinet.
- Make photocopies of forms as needed.
- Type file labels, envelopes, reports, etc.
- Help with monthly counts of data collection.
- Check for unwashed laundry and wash/dry/fold as needed.
- People call for many reasons besides needing food. You will need to familiarize yourself with all general policies and procedures for Dimitri House programs so that you will be able to answer questions accurately. This includes the Emergency Food Cupboard, Drop-In Lunch Program, and Emergency Winter Shelter program. Most other calls for assistance can be referred to 211.
- Check the Volunteer Info board on the pantry door for upcoming events, information, or vacancies that need to be filled. We welcome any additional time you can offer to help out as a sub!
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training