Use your background in, knowledge of or experience with animals to take our reptiles and amphibians out to show to the public! We need a volunteer animal demonstrator to work a few hours each week caring for and handling our small Milk and Gopher snakes and help educate Nature Center visitors about their habitats and lifestyles.
We get many families with curious children and adults alike that love the chance to see the snakes up close and touch them carefully, which is a fun and important job. You will be an animal ambassador teaching young ones how to respect all creatures and understand the differences between them. We also do occasional outings or school field trips where we take the animals to external events to do educational demos.
We're hoping for someone with some background in zoology, animal care or education, but could train the right person, so don't hesitate to contact us if you have a great attitude, are outgoing and patient with kids and love nature.
- Environmental Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- Help the Los Alamos Nature Center!
- Nature Outreach at Special Events
- Nature Education Programs
- Nature Center Docent
- Front Desk, Docent for Beautiful...
- Animal Handler & Outreach...
- Docents Needed! Nature Center in...
- Gardener: Bring Good Things to...
- Teacher or Speaker: Share your...
- Help our Environment, Volunteer...
- Planetarium Projectionist
- Facebook addict needed!
- Front Desk Help Needed at Los...
- Help Kids Learn about Nature and...