Mentor a high school student
120 people are interested
***NOTE : We're recruiting for mentors to be matched with students in October 2020. Completing orientation and the application process now will put you on a priority list for the fall.***
One email a week, one event a month, one more student excited about college.
The guidance of a mentor can empower a young person to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. iMentor is seeking college-educated volunteers to mentor students from our partner CPS high schools.
Using iMentor’s dedicated curriculum and staff support, mentors and students work together, in-person and online, to develop strong personal relationships, nurture a college aspiration, navigate the college application process, and build critical skills that lead to college success.
Mentors communicate weekly with their student using our online platform and attend one in-person group event each month. Through these activities, mentors will develop a supportive mentoring relationship that will last for 3 years and guide a mentee through iMentor’s college-readiness curriculum and the college application process.
- Eligible candidates must be at least 21 years old and be a college graduate (2 or 4 year degrees accepted).
- Since our partner schools are all within Chicago, all volunteers must live or work within the Chicagoland area.
- Mentor relationships last 3 years; mentors should be reasonably certain of their ability to commit to remaining in the Chicago area during that period.
Apply here: https://chicago.imentor.org/
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
332 S. Michigan Ave9th FloorChicago, IL 60604
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approx. 4 hours/month - (most online, 1 in-person/month)
- Live or work in the Chicagoland area.