On-Site Hospice Volunteers Needed
44 people are interested
Loyola Medicine Hospice provides quality care for individuals diagnosed with a life-limiting illness and helps families through this difficult time. Our interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, health aides, chaplains, counselors and trained volunteers works together to provide comfort and care for patients in their homes throughout the Chicago area with a focus on quality of life.
If you’re wondering if a volunteer position with Loyola Medicine Hospice is right for you, here are some of the common qualities our volunteers share:
* Emotional maturity and confidence
* A genuine desire to support patients with life-limiting illnesses and their families
* The ability to offer assurance and kindness, without judgment
* The ability to listen with sensitivity and respect
* A willingness to give an average of four hours per week
* Flexibility to adapt to the changes in the patient's/ familiy's needs
* Willingness to undergo a background check, received flu vaccination, and complete training
We ask that those who have recently lost a loved one wait a year before becoming a hospice volunteer. You are welcome to participate in our bereavement programs during this time.
Patient care volunteers are needed to visit patients in their home. Office volunteers are needed to work on mailings and calls for the bereavement program.
All volunteers must complete a training program. If you plan to work with patients you will also need to have a TB test done (or provide documentation that you have had a TB test done within the last 12 moths). All volunteers must also pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
We'll work with your schedule.
Private homes throughout the Chicago areaEast of Route 59, South of Golf RdNorth of 175th. Headquartered inOak Brook, IL 60523
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As much time as you are willing to give. We work with what you can give. NOT EVERY WEEK is a volunteer needed.
- Background and reference check required. Flu vaccination and TB test and drug screen all provided free-of-charge by Loyola.