Blessed Trinity Hospice is seeking Patient Care Volunteers to visit our patients in Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Johnson, Miami, and Linn counties in Kansas. Volunteers serve as a member of the hospice team by sharing skills and interests in a manner that provides comfort and enriches the quality of life for those served. Volunteers serve on a regularly scheduled basis and provide the following:
- Support services - companionship, friendly visiting, active listening, bedside sitting, letter writing.
- Sharing hobbies and special interests -- reading, gardening, listening to music, sports, travel, crafts, etc.
- Caregiver Respite - staying with a patient to give their family member/caregiver a break and alllow them to take some time for self care.
Other volunteer opportunities include providing help with special projects, mailings, reception, clerical support or working with special events such as memorial services and fund raising events.
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 1 hour per month. Very Flexible.
- Pet Therapy- pets requrre current shots and vaccination and must have good temperment.