English language instruction is the number one tool that new immigrants must have to integrate into their communities. Wesley Housing's ESL workshop offers adult residents with disabilities and older adults much needed access, exposure, and empowerment to communicate more confidently and broaden their social horizons.
Teach adult students with varied English skill levels in a small group setting:
- Reading, writing, speaking, and comprehension
- Functional command of the English language in social settings
- Flexible Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm. 1-2 hour sessions bi-weekly. Minimum 5 consecutive sessions required.
- Previous ESL instruction n a class setting preferred.
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hour sessions; minimum 5 sessions bi-weekly
- Complete an application and brief interview prior to assignment.