EVENT LEAD ROLE:
Serves as the face and voice of the American Cancer Society and Relay For Life of Greenwich event within the community to lead and manage by empowering the Relay For Life Event Leadership Team (Planning Committee). Individuals in this role possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, are outgoing, and are knowledgeable about the American Cancer Society and Relay For Life program (mission, history, accomplishments, format, and purpose). Primary responsibilities for individuals in this role are to mentor and guide the Event Leadership Team in fulfilling their responsibilities and achieving goals for the Relay event within their community.
SPECIFIC TASKS CAN INCLUDE:
* Work with the Relay For Life Staff Partner to ensure that training of roles and resources takes place.
* Communicate regularly with the People Lead, Experience Lead, Fund the Cure Lead, as well as the Relay For Life Staff Partner.
* Work with People Lead, Experience Lead and the Fund the Cure Lead to ensure partnership agreements are completed for all positions.
* Mentor and lead income and non-income planning and goal-setting initiatives in partnership with Relay For Life Staff Partner and Event Leadership Team.
* Meet monthly or bi-monthly with the Relay For Life Staff Partner, People Lead, Experience Lead and Fund the Cure Lead to discuss benchmark goals and progress.
* Lead and manage Event Leadership Team workshops, meetings, and other sub-leadership team meetings as needed.
* In partnership with the Relay For Life Staff Partner, recruit a full Event Leadership Team and ensure all Event Leadership Team leads and members understand and fulfill their commitments to develop the Relay For Life event in their community.
* In partnership with the Relay for Life Staff Partner, ensure coordination, preparation, and implementation of regularly scheduled Event Leadership Team meetings.
* In partnership with the Relay For Life Staff Partner, review and discuss fundraising goals, expenses, and progress on a monthly or bi-monthly basis.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of the Greenwich community
- Ability to Manage and delegate others
- Through enthusiasm ability to Motivate others
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Public Speaking
- Critical Thinking
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- *Please ask for Timeline