We are looking to provide joy and companionship with pets. As a Pet Therapy Volunteer of AseraCare, you will assist in prividing one of the many alternative treatment programs used to help the care of patients with life limiting illnesses.
Trained volunteers will bring certified pets to visit patients and bring a sense of fulfillment as only animals can.
- Be a listening ear to stories
- Provide brief relief to caregivers (i.e. running errands, grocery shopping)
- Read to patients
- Offer support to families after a passing
All Pet Therapy must:
- Be at least one year old
- Be certified through a proper organization
- Have all current vaccinations and pass a health screening by a veterinarian
- Be cleaned and groomed before each visit
Please contact Christina Rausch, Volunteer Coordinator, for more information.
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per month
- Physical Exam, drug test, and Tuberculosis test