Kula Kamala Foundation & the Ashram seeks a part-time Marketing & Public Relations/outreach intern or volunteer to join our Community Relations Team.
The intern or volunteer hired for this position will posses critical thinking, communication, and computer presentation skills. These positions are unpaid volunteer positions, but will result in references and real world non-profit experience. Further details below.
The Marketing, Public Relations, and Community Outreach Volunteer will support Kula Kamala’s external communications efforts which are critical for raising the awareness of the transformative power of yoga practices for health, wellness for the practioner and upward career mobility from P/T yoga teacher to full time Professional Yoga Therapist. The M/PR/COV Volunteers will compose, coordinate and post approved messages, photos, videos, develop marketing materials, write press releases, stories, and articles, and assist with planning and implementation of fundraising campaigns and community outreach efforts.
Volunteers work in close partnership with the ashram interns, staff, volunteess and various Board members to capture and present the works accomplished through yoga. Volunteers may also provide assistance with capturing photographic and video materials as well as ensuring the ashram facilities are safe and presentable for our guests and clients.
1. Spiritual seeker with a love of yoga's vast practices, and compassion for helping others identify with the yogic activities supporting spiritual growth and supporting the mission of the kula Kamala Foundation and Ashram
2. Excellent interpersonal communications and writing skills
3. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
4. Excellent computer skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
5. Prior experience with social media and website maintenance helpful
6. Outstanding organizational and follow-through skills
7. Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
9. Dependable with respect to agreed upon schedule
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 8 hours per week minimum