For starters, our booth will be the 1st Friday of each month, June to Oct., 3:30 to 7:30 pm. The frequency could expand to a weekly activity, though, in which case our need for volunteers will increase.
Although these are 4-hour shifts, if you can only work 2-3 hours, we may still be able to use you, so let us know.
- MANNING BOOTH: Work at our booth, which is out of the weather in the beautiful new pavillion at the market. You would not only sell products and merchandise, but more importantly, to convey the mission of the Sparta to the community and encourage people to patronize the restaurant, especially during the downtown construction. That will include suggestions on where to park. You will learn about the Sparta at volunteer training.
- SET UP/TEAR DOWN: Set up & tear down our booth. However, if you cannot physically help with set up or tear down, you could be partnered with someone who can, so don't let that keep you from volunteering. Or perhaps you could recruit a friend or family member to help with set up and tear down.
- REPORT: We will need a brief written report (e-mail or paper) on outcomes from your shift. It will include sales, observations about engagement of visitors, and suggestions and feedback that you receive. We will also welcome suggestions on booth activities that could make our booth stand out more and give our visitors a fun and engaging experience.
ADDITIONAL *OPTIONAL* DUTIES:
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Ideally, you would take photos or videos and post on social media when you have a chance during the market. But that's not a deal breaker if that's not on your skill set.
- PUBLIC SPEAKING: During volunteer training, you will learn about Sparta's work and its mission. If you enjoy speaking and community building, there will be opportunities to speak to organizations and businesses in Licking County about poverty, successful re-entry for people who were incarcerated, and other issues related to our mission. You do not have to have personal or family experience in these areas, but it would be a plus.
- SCHEDULING: We are also looking for someone to manage the volunteer schedule for the market, especially if we expand the frequency. This could be one of the booth volunteers, but wouldn't have to be.
WORK WITH A FRIEND?
We need 2 people per shift, so this would be a great opportunity for couples and friends to volunteer together. You would be able to give each other breaks.
- Check out the fabulous new Canal Market covered pavillion, and shop at farmers' booths while you are there, as time allows. Buy local!
- Our volunteers, participants, restaurant staff, and customers will introduce you to a vibrant, diverse community of caring people.
- Social Media / Blogging
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month
- Enthusiasm. Be kind. Be reliable and let us know ASAP if you cannot be there as scheduled.
- Photography and/or video (phone...
- Articulate spokespeople to man a...
- Take minutes at meetings
- Google Group administrator
- Lunch deliveries in downtown...
- Social Media Coordinator(s)
- Coordinate lunch deliveries for...
- Coffeeshop Host & Ambassador
- Community relationship builder...
- Writers for Facebook, Instagram,...
- Internet Researcher
- Bookkeeper or accountant